Blog Archive

Saturday, July 7, 2012

Tutorial for Sewing Machine Cover from Pillowcase


Heather from The Vintage Sheet Blog ask that I do a tutorial for a pillowcase sewing machine cover. It should be similar to the one I made here.  Here is my finished product.

Start by picking a pillowcase you like.  I like the ones that have borders.

The finished size should be 24.5" long and 18.5" wide. On this pillowcase I trimmed 5.5" inches from the top. (This will depend on the size of your pillowcase.

Then trimmed 3" off the side.

Turn inside out and sew .5" seam across the top and down the side. Then trim the corner.  Turn inside out and press.

I found some embroidery pieces from an old dresser scarf and cut out each individual one.  Position and  zig zag stitch around all the edges.

Here's a close up.

Cut 4 pieces of ribbon 9.5" long.  Measure down from the top 6" and measure bottom up 6".  Then sew the ribbon on the back side of the pillowcase.  (Two on each side of the pillowcase.
It should look something like this when you finish.

Tie ribbons in a bow and you have a sewing machine cover.

Hope you like.

No comments: