Blog Archive

Thursday, February 5, 2009

Sew Mama Sew stash

Sew Mama Sew is asking questions about our stash. So I've answered her questions

What do you usually sew? Clothes for my grandchildren and purses

Do you buy on impulse or do you go out looking for something you need? usually looking for something in particular, but I always look at renmants

Are you a pre-washer? yes, because I'm scared it will shrink after I've made the outfit.
If you are, do you wash your fabric before you need it, or only when you’re ready to use it? when I need it

Do you iron it? yes
How do you sort it? color and kind of fabric

How do you store your fabric? scraps smaller than 1/4 yard in bins by color. Stack the rest on shelves, by kind of fabric

What tips do you have for building up a well-rounded stash? I usually go to renmants first, then check out sales that week, buy at least a yard, look for sheets at thrift store.

When do you say enough is enough? When I can't get any more on my shelves

What are some of your favorite stash-busting projects? making purses


1 comment:

lera said...

Your shelves look all neat and orderly, Brenda.

I just have the storage bins. (In my attic steps.)