It's a lot of fun trying to find the right pieces for these pillows. The lady I'm consigning with suggested custom made pillows. Maybe pieces you have from loved ones that have passed (I did this with my sister's pieces for my niece and nephew).
1. First I lay out the main piece in the middle on a white piece of fabric (I used 14 x 14 white sheet), then start building around it.
2. Start adding other pieces to fit around the edges.
3. Zigzag around each piece, so they won't ravel.
4. Straight stitch pretty lace around the edges (some of the pieces already had lace.)
5. Sew around the outside edges of pillow
6. Then add lace of chose. This lace was new, but I love adding older laces, maybe from pillowcases.