Saturday, January 2, 2010

Backpack finally finished

I used Simplicity 5284 and it was a booger. Not that is was that difficult to make, I just kept making mistakes. A lot of times I give up when I have to take out seams 3 or 4 times. First of all I put 1 D ring on each size instead of 2, I took out the straps and moved them 3 times. The pattern shows to leave the bottom open for turning, the fabric is so thick and with the straps I couldn't hand sew. I took it apart and sewed the bottom and left the side open (much better). Layla had already seen me sewing on it so I knew it had to be finished. The fabric is denim and was given to me by Aunt Louise. The button is a vintage button from an estate sale.

2 comments:

Liz said...

It is so cute. She is going to love it. My friend Maggie made little backpacks for S and K a few years ago and they still love them.

CindyLou said...

It's adorable! I hate projects that for some reason we keep screwing up on! It usually happens to me when I am tired. I am sure Layla will love it!!