Blog Archive

Thursday, September 10, 2009

Thrifting and sad news from a friend

I love this dresser scarf. It's got a few spots I need to clean and fix. Not a good picture of the hen, she's not perfect. Can't wait to try those cute doll clothes.

Got the apron a few weeks ago. Love it.
Got this T-shirt transfer kit at "Tuesday Morning" (higher end Big Lots). Can't wait to try it out.
On a more somber note: The wife of a good friend of mine passed away yesterday. She had been battling colon cancer for a few years. They are expecting their first grandchild in November. They both wanted grandchildren so bad. I worked with him for many years. He is definitely a good guy and loved his wife dearly. Rest in peace Martha Lynn.

4 comments:

lera said...

Sorry to hear about your friend. :-(

Momma B said...

How sad! I am very sorry that she will not get to meet her grandbaby! I know how sad I was when my mom died before I had my last child. It just seems wrong!

Momma B said...

On the other hand, "Hooray" for no more pain!

CindyLou said...

I'm sorry to hear about your friend! Love the doll pattern you got!