Blog Archive

Thursday, August 28, 2008

Hope you like the aprons

Made these 3 aprons from the round tablecloth I thrifted. The little elephants is from my mom's old stash. I used this same ribbon on a doll dress in 1973. I was very happy to get it along with lots more. Think she also gave me the white ruffle and the rick rack. I enjoyed making these so much. My first attempt on the chicken scratch. It was so much fun and fast to do. I'm giving these to my daughter Lori and her children, Layla and Ruby. Maybe I can get a picture of all 3 wearing them.




4 comments:

Jessica said...

I do love those aprons! There is nothing like a red gingham apron to make you want to bake away!

lera said...

You can't go wrong with gingham and chicken scratch!

I have two green gingham chicken scratch aprons that I adore. (One I bought, the other I found for free on the floor of the Swap Shop. Luckily I already had the one so I could recognize amongst the garbage on the ground.)

Kim said...

Cute aprons! Thanks for stopping by my blog and saying hi. Nice to meet another blogger that's just down the road.

Pam @Threading My Way said...

You can't go wrong with red gingham, especially with the hand stitching you have done on them. All three aprons are fabulous.